one community, many beliefs
Founded in 1868, we are a Unitarian Universalist congregation serving Chicago's west side in the Austin community. We are home to people who seek a diverse liberal community, an open exchange of ideas, and a commitment to justice and compassion.
We welcome you wherever you are on your life journey! Our size allows people to easily get acquainted, grow together in spirit, and take collective action.
Seven principles shape the heart of Unitarian Universalist congregations. We affirm and promote:
1. The inherent worth and dignity of every person
2. Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
3. Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
4. A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
5. The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
6. The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
7. Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.